Law firms use iManage to store documents relating to both their legal work and client and matter inception (client due diligence, anti-money laundering, letters of engagement etc.). These documents often need to be attached to Intapp Open workflows, but this functionality isn’t available ‘out-of-the-box’.
This leaves firms with two options. Either they adopt clunky, time-consuming and insecure workarounds that end up taking documents out of the iManage environment. Or they have to rely on non-standard, unsupported scripting.
Our Intapp extension for iManage solves this problem. It plugs the ‘out of the box’ gap and gets the best out of both systems, transforming your efficiency, convenience and security.
With it you can upload and attach references to files stored in iManage (as well as file system objects) and link the attachments to lines in an Intapp Open data grid. For example, this could be a list of evidence where controlled collection is required
With the extension you can:
- upload ordinary files, Intapp Open-compatible files and iManage .nrl files using:
- drag-and-drop from the file system (in the case of ordinary files and .nrl files).
- drag-and-drop from the iManage-Outlook integration.
- your web browser’s standard file open/upload mechanism.
- profile and attach uploaded files to an Intapp Open request
- upload ordinary, Intapp Open-compatible files to iManage, profile the resulting iManage document, then generate and attach the appropriate .nrl file to an Intapp Open request.
- browse iManage in order to select a document, then generate and attach the appropriate .nrl file to an Intapp Open request.
The extension is available on an annual subscription and we can complete the straightforward implementation in one week.
Example of UI