What is a Tiger Team?
A Tiger Team is a group of people, each an expert in their field, who come together to solve difficult problems and identify others before they happen. The concept was made famous by NASA when their teams worked as one to bring Apollo 13 safely back to earth after a module malfunctioned during the mission.
Why Tiger Teams?
We already use the Tiger Team concept across Pinnacle. You can see it in how we structure our expert teams and throughout our internal thinking and operations.
Now we’ve joined with Briefing magazine to bring together other legal Tigers and address the biggest challenges law firms face.
Through a range of webinars, roundtables and articles, the brightest minds in law will work in partnership to solve critical legal business problems. We’ll be looking at what is most pressing now, and the challenges that lie ahead.
You can register for future sessions and find all the session recordings, upcoming topics, resources, news and analysis here. You can also keep up to date with the latest from Tiger Teams on LinkedIn
Firmwide Operations - July 2020
There has been no choice but to change. What new or better behaviours do law firms want to build on?
Live webinar : 10.30am BST 27th July 2020
The necessary changes to working brought about by Covid-19 have been described as the ‘burning platform’ for an overhaul many have long said has been missing from the legal profession. There has been no choice but to change.
Clearly, however, it is a great hope that this situation will end – so, are firms now taking steps to preserve new attitudes to flexibility and continuous improvement going forward, changing behaviours for the longer term, and preventing retrenchment to the recent past?
Based on our research across 75 respondents in top-tier firms into the biggest challenges that law firms face right now, our July Tiger Team will focus on the biggest challenges across multiple roles/areas:
- Ensuring success with remote teams and work
- Developing people remotely
- Improving client experience
- Matter pricing
Plus, other areas identified as being pressure/pain points at the top of legal business:
- BI/MI analytics
- Making business KPIs work
- Matching structure to pricing
- Outsourcing, partnerships, centres of excellence
- Matter reporting/ Integrating laterals
July’s Tiger Team includes:
- Karen Jacks Chief technology officer, Bird&Bird
- Katie DeBord Chief innovation officer, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
- Sid Welham Chief operations officer, HFW
- Sarah Ball Director of group & BLS operations, Irwin Mitchell
- Tony Pullman Head of Business Transformation & Chief Operations Officer, Pinnacle