Requesting a proposal has never been easier but the decision whether to respond or not inherently holds a trade off between opportunity and resource use.
We look at the questions law firms should be asking to build the fundamental strategy that helps them decide if pitching is the right way to go.
Date: 8th March 2022
Time: 10am EST / 3pm GMT
Strategies and innovative ways of thinking
It takes two to tango.
After an invite is sent out to pitch for a piece of work law firms have to make the fundamental decision: Are we going to go ahead?
Going for an opportunity leads to an array of consequences, some of which can get overlooked at the start, leaving stretched marketing & BD teams having to consider:
- If you’re willing to compete?
- If another pitch request comes in, do you have the capacity to go for both?
- The allocation of people and technical resources, all of which will have a cost attached.
- If you win, who is going to do the work? Fee earners will now have less capacity to work on other matters.
- The issue of conflict. Some companies can never be your clients.
So, what is the right way to decide whether you should pitch or not?
How should you think about the opportunity?
What are the tangible measures you should look at before making the decision?
Join our panel of world-class marketing and BD leaders to hear how their international firms are developing their go/no-go strategies!
Proposal Management Webinar Series
This is the third in our series of webinars around proposal management.
Register for upcoming sessions:
Watch the previous sessions through our Client Resource Centre. Topics we covered: